Saturday, April 23, 2016
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Mission Comics and Art
2250 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA
The Disability Visibility Project invites you to their first live event this April! We will meet-up and discuss disabled characters in comics at Mission: Comics and Art on April 23, 2016, at 3-4:30 pm in San Francisco.
We’ll talk about the following:
- Favorite disabled characters and storylines in comics
- Major themes about disability in comics
- Problematic portrayals of disability in comics
- Superpowers as a metaphor for disability
- Accessibility of comic books
- …and much more!
A special thanks to Mission Comics and Art, for hosting this event. During your visit, check out their display of comic books featuring disabled characters curated by Hamza Jaka and Alice Wong. Be sure to support your local comic book store!!
For more information, or to make an accommodation request: DisabilityVisibilityProject@gmail.com or check out the event site.