Saturday, February 08, 2014 - Sunday, February 09, 2014
8:00 am - 9:00 pm
SFMTA Weekend Traffic and Transit Advisory
Friday, February 7, 2014
The San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA) releases the following upcoming event-related traffic and transit impacts for this weekend, Saturday, February 8 through Sunday, February 9. Anyone traveling in San Francisco can check with www.sfmta.com or call 311 to find out which of the 76 Muni lines will get them where they want to go. All road users are encouraged to be aware, share the roadway and to follow all rules to ensure everyone’s safety.
For real-time updates during the week, 5 a.m. to 9 p.m., and special events, follow us onwww.twitter.com/sfmta_muni or visit http://www.sfmta.com/node/102171 to sign up for real-time text messages or email alerts.
Chinatown New Year Run
On Sunday, the Chinatown New Year Run will begin at 8 a.m. and be followed by a festival in Portsmouth Square.
The race route will begin on Grant Avenue and Sacramento Street, travel along Grant Avenue, west on Pacific Avenue, north on Stockton Street, east on North Point Street and south-east onto The Embarcadero. The race route will continue along The Embarcadero, west on Washington Street, south on Battery Street, west on Pine Street and north on Kearny Street to Clay Street.
The following street closures will be required from 7 to 9:30 a.m.:
- Grant Avenue between Pine Street and Pacific Avenue
- Pacific Avenue between Grant Avenue and Stockton Street
- Stockton Street (northbound traffic lane only) between Pacific Avenue and North Point Street
- North Point Street (eastbound traffic lane only) between Stockton Street and southbound Embarcadero
- Southbound Embarcadero (bike lane and one traffic lane only) between North Point and Washington streets
- Washington Street (one westbound traffic lane only) between southbound Embarcadero and Battery Street
- Battery Street (most westerly traffic lane only) between Washington and Pine streets
- Pine Street (most northerly traffic lane only) between Battery Street and Grant Avenue
- Kearny Street (most easterly parking lane and traffic lane only) between Pine and Clay streets
The following street closures will be required from 6 to 11 a.m.:
- Walter U. Lum Place between Washington and Clay streets
The following Muni line and route will be affected:
- California Cable Car
- 1 California
- 8X Bayshore Express
- 10 Townsend
- 12 Folsom-Pacific
- 30 Stockton
- 39 Coit
- 45 Union-Stockton
There will be heavy traffic in the area. Motorists are advised to allow extra travel time.