Tuesday, March 01, 2016
U.N. Plaza, 7th & Market
450 Golden Gate Ave
San Francisco, California
On February 5, 2016, Thu Phan, a beloved community member who used a wheelchair, was hit and killed at the corner of Market Street and 7th. In her honor, we call on the City & County of San Francisco to make sure this never happens again.
• No commercial vehicles turning left onto Market.
• Mandated regular drivers training for city employees who drive city vehicles.
• Better enforcement of traffic laws among drivers.
• Give pedestrians a head start crossing the street before the light turns green.
Immediately after, we’ll share these concerns at the MTA Board Meeting at 1 pm at City Hall. Please join us.
This event is sponsored by: Vision Zero Coalition, Independent Living Resource Center SF, Walk SF, Mayor’s Office on Disability, Senior & Disability Action, and others. For more information, please call the Mayor’s Office on Disability at
(415) 554-6789 or SDA at (415) 546-1333.