Friday, September 06, 2013 - Saturday, October 05, 2013
San Francisco, Full-time
- Reports to: Director of Business Development
- Supervises: n/a
- Status / Level: Exempt
- Purpose: To provide job placement services to adults with disabilities.
- Starts: July 1, 2013
Duties and Responsibilities
Client Support Functions
- Identify meaningful job opportunities for clients and successfully place them in the job of their choice
- Acts as liaison for designated workforce centers; serves as resource in the area of service delivery access for jobseekers with disabilities
- Provides assessment of skills levels, aptitudes, abilities and need for supportive services and develops individual employment plans
- Provide training and support to clients in all areas of the job search process including: pre-employment preparation, job placement, and retention
- Provide instruction regarding client rights and self-advocacy.
- Maintain positive business relationships with management/owners of businesses where clients are placed to ensure ongoing satisfaction of Toolworks’ services
- Provide follow-up services including on-the-job coaching and accommodation assistance for employers
- Provide case coordination with vocational specialists; make referrals, and monitor client progress
- Recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities and resolve issues if necessary.
- Complete all monthly billing as required
- Create client placement objectives
- Monitor client progress in case notes and complete all other required paperwork
Other duties as required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Education and Experience Requirement:
- B.A. in Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with adults with disabilities required, preferably in a community setting.
- American Sign Language, Spanish or Cantonese skills preferred. Some level of fluency for certain target populations may be required.
- Fluent report writing skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet client needs.
- Able to recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Strong time management skills, patient, detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- First Aid/CPR certification required (within 30 days)
- Clean DMV printout and proof of auto insurance
Compensation and Benefits:
- Depends on experience
- Paid employee medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k contribution
- Twelve days of paid vacation accrued annually
- Twelve sick days accrued annually
- Eleven and a half paid holidays annually
- Birthday holiday per year
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee wellness program
- Employee assistance program
Toolworks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer with respect to hiring, promotion and training. We welcome applicants from diverse communities.