Sunday, August 23, 2015
10:30 am - 12:30 pm
Independent Living Resource Center San Francisco
825 Howard Street
San Francisco, California
In this active, upbeat workshop, families practice using “People Safety”
skills in everyday life situations familiar to young children. People
Safety skills help prevent problems with peers, family, and strangers.
The skills can help kids feel safe and confident dealing with strangers
and with people they know, too. People Safety skills also help
strengthen important relationships by improving communication.
Using games, role-plays, and stories relevant to younger children,
we’ll practice skills to:
• Be and act aware and confident
• Check with adults if anything seems unsafe
• Move away from possible problems
• Follow Stranger Safety rules
• Stay safe from hurtful words
• Use voice as a safety tool
• Set clear boundaries
• Make safety plans so outings are more fun
• Say “No” or “Stop” clearly and respectfully
• Deal with other kids poking, pushing, grabbing, etc.
• Use safety plans if you’re lost in a store, park, or library
• Get help from busy adults – and persist!
To enroll in this workshop, please contact Kidpower at
(800) 467-6997 ext. 1# or email email@example.com. All workshop participants must register at the following link:
The$30 fee for this workshop represents our break-even cost
and includes a Kidpower Safety Plan Comic Book, regularly
$12. Partial scholarships and payment plans can be arranged.