Wednesday, April 01, 2015
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
19th Street Oakland BART station, upper platform
BART, in partnership with The Center for Independent Living presents:
BART Train and Track Tour for seniors and persons with disabilities
● Touring the BART train and tracks (you will get to go under the platform!)
● Signing up for senior Clipper Cards, and learning how riders with disabilities can obtain a RTC discount Clipper Card
● Installing tether straps on wheelchairs or scooters to make using the bus and paratransit safer and easier
● Learning about the Access Alameda Guide and how it can help you maximize your transit options
To attend this event or request accommodations, RSVP by March 20, 2015 to David Vásquez, CIL BART Accessibility Consultant, at the email address below.
Tours and Demonstrations
BART employees will introduce features of the following areas:
● Train Car – including safety and emergency features & platform safety features
● Track – go onto the track to learn about the safety area underneath a platform
● Station Agent Booth/Ticket vending/faregate – how to use and find in any BART station
Have a Wheelchair or Scooter Made Safer for the Bus
AC Transit will provide Wheelchair Marking and Tethering for wheelchairs and scooters on-site, from 10-11:30am. To RSVP, please call 510-891-7113. Come learn how to make your trips on AC Transit safer and more secure.
Sign Up for the Senior Clipper Card or Learn More about the Regional Transit Discount Card for Persons with Disabilities
We will be issuing senior Clipper cards on-site and assisting people with disabilities in learning how to apply for the Regional Transit Discount Card. (We are unable to issue RTC cards on-site).
Visit Information Tables
Find out how the “Access Alameda Guide” helps individuals connect with the accessible transportation services available in Alameda County. Learn about programs such as Wheelchair Scooter Breakdown Transportation Service and Hospital Discharge Transportation Service. Come also learn about 2-1-1, a free non-emergency confidential phone number that provides easy access to housing information and critical human services.
Help Shape Future Projects at BART
Sign up for upcoming focus groups and surveys. Fill out a feedback survey about this event to receive a free gift.
Bob Franklin, 510-464-6133, BFRANKL@bart.gov
RSVP to David Vásquez, firstname.lastname@example.org